The Forno Hut was constructed in the year 1889 by the Alpine explorer Theodor Curtius and the famous mountain guide Christian Klucker. Klucker was the first hut warden.

In 1920, the hut was donated to the Rorschach Section of the SAC.

Later, the hut was extended and improved several times. Between 1985 and 2015, the Forno Hut had more than 100 sleeping places but the capacity was then reduced somewhat in the interests of greater comfort and convenience.